FreeBSD is the Operating System that powers about half the Internet, and all of our own Internet servers as well.
FreeBSD® is an advanced operating system for modern server, desktop, and embedded computer platforms. FreeBSD's code base has undergone over thirty years of continuous development, improvement, and optimization. It is developed and maintained by a large team of individuals. FreeBSD provides advanced networking, impressive security features, and world class performance and is used by some of the world's busiest web sites and most pervasive embedded networking and storage devices.
The above paragraph is copied directly from FreeBSD's Home Page.
- Software Development
- Server/Service Monitoring (Nagios)
- Uptime 24x7 Support Contracts
- Log Monitoring
- Backup Services
- Networking Services
- LDAP (OpenLDAP)
- Mail/MTA (Postfix and Sendmail)
- Web Mail (RoundCube or SquirrelMail)
- Web Server (Apache)
- Network File System
- Advanced Routing
- Traffic Control, QoS, etc.
- VPN (OpenVPN)
- DBM, Berkeley DB, HDB, GNU DBM, compatibles and related
- Firewall (ipfw, pfSense, etc.)
- Web Proxy Cache (Squid)
- Content Filtering (DansGuardian / SquidGuard)
- SPAM Control (Spam Assasin)
- Anti-Virus (AMaViS)